Girls Rock Dallas Board of Directors Applications are currently closed.
To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Girls Rock Dallas so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Girls Rock Dallas is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering girls and women through the use of music education to promote self-esteem and confidence by providing the opportunity to learn and express their musical creativity.
Girls Rock Dallas values diversity and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, economic status, gender expression, size, physical ability, developmental ability, musical interests, learning styles, nationality, religion, thought, citizenship status or sexual orientation in the administration of its education programs, admissions policies, scholarships and other camp-related policies and programs, as well as volunteer and employment related policies and activities.
- We value the power of music as a means to create personal and social change;
- We value efforts that actively expand opportunities for girls, women, trans and gender-expansive individuals;
- We value positive approaches to fighting sexism;
- We value integrity, honesty, and respect;
- We value appropriate sharing of resources, cooperation, and collaboration;
- We value using our collective voice to further our mission;
- We value diversity.
Purpose & Description:
To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Girls Rock Dallas so as to support the organization’s mission and needs. The board of directors is a “working board” where actively do the work of organization’s work. Our primarily goal is to ensure the one week summer camp is setup and organized.
1 year term, no limit on additional terms.
Meetings and time commitment:
We meet monthly during the January through July (must attend 4 out of 7 meetings). These meetings last approximately 2 hours. All hours/meetings are not tracked.
- Monthly hourly requirement minimum of 5 hours. This may fluctuate depending on your role/position within the organization. Some positions will take more time to complete.
- Annual Meeting held in December is mandatory.
- You must be at camp (not the whole week, can be setup/tear down, etc).
As a Working Board member:
- If you have volunteered before, can be admitted to board without interview. All new individuals that have not volunteered will need to interview.
- Probation period before removal.
- Automatic removal if requirements are not met.
- 2/3 vote to remove an individual from a board